Jul 8, 2023

The Hometown Media Awards

On June 28, my mother and I joined PhillyCAM staff members and producers at the Alliance for Community Media's 2023 Conference, held at BRIC Arts Media in Brooklyn, New York.

Team PhillyCAM (photo by PhillyCAM)

One of several conference rooms at the BRIC

Laurel being interviewed for the Brooklyn Free Speech channel

Laurel approaches the stage (photo by PhillyCAM)

The Hometown Media Awards ceremony was livestreamed and you can watch the video here. We receive the award at 2:06:10. It was a long ceremony, but efficient, with nearly one hundred and fifty winners.

With ACM President Mike Wassenaar (photo by PhillyCAM)

We were both really nervous at the time and exhausted when we got back. It's settling in now just how amazing this is and how grateful I am that the Alliance for Community Media recognized our show.

The plaque

Ours included, PhillyCAM won seven Hometown Media Awards.

When we got back, we learned Laurel and I are PhillyCAM's July Member of the Month. So we quickly had my father take a picture of us together and I wrote a brief history of the show.


Laurel also wrote about the awards ceremony on her blog in this post.