Apr 12, 2019

Rabbit invitation


The Rabbit festival is only a month away. This is my third year as chairman of the event and my third Rabbit invitation design.

It's similar to the first one I did in 2017. Both convey the same subtle message, that this is a costume party in the loosest possible sense. "Creative attire" is more like it. There are members who go all out in creating amazing costumes, but that's optional. Dressing up can mean anything.

This was the original version:

Last month I was called on to create some poster designs at work. To get them done quickly, I used Google to assemble a series of photo collages. It worked great on the posters, so I tried it on the invite.

Turns out photo collages can get a little freakish (the jacketed fellow in front is actually David Bowie). Following advice from friend and photo pro Rick Wright, I traced over the entire image to unify the look and match it to my other work.

The Rabbit will be held at The Plastic Club on May 11.