Jun 29, 2020

Behind the scenes

My mother took some photos while we were shooting Creating Fashion with Laurel on Saturday. While you're watching her sew, this is what she sees. The camera is my Sony a6000. The boom microphone is a new addition.

That's an LED flood light I'm adjusting. The one in the foreground is a box light. To the right is a smaller LED light. Video requires more light than photography. I'm continually re-arranging and fine-tuning this setup, learning as I go.

The smaller camera that I walk around with is on the table, attached to a rig that makes it easier to hold and maneuver. It's sitting between the box of batteries and the audio recorder.

There have been requests for a simpler mask design, so Laurel made a mask from an old shirt and shoelaces. Next, we're moving on to zippers.