Jun 1, 2023

Old school house party

I've just completed my third gala fundraiser video for nonprofit organization CEFN. I always learn a lot making videos for CEFN due to the variety of things going on at their fundraisers.

This latest video is part concert, part awards ceremony, with advertisements for health insurance companies, interviews, line dancing, and break dancers.


Friend and freelance photographer Theresa Rivers recommended me to CEFN when they needed a new video producer. Theresa makes several appearances in this one, including a moment when the two of us were awarded plaques for volunteering.

As with the previous video, there are shots where you can see the cameraman reflected in the background.


CEFN Founder Sherry Hill has been forwarding compliments from Board members, which is always great to see:
  • He did an AMAZING JOB with this project!!!!
    We see you jamin Rev Jimmy
  • Wonderful, wonderful job. I agree, amazing.
  • Great, great work!!
  • I watched the whole video. I love, love, love it!
  • great video!
  • Awesome!!!
The band and break dancers have seen it and likewise approve:
  • We got the footage. It looks amazing. Thank you so much.
  • Fabulous video!!
Thank you Sherry!

Whenever I make videos for CEFN, PhillyCAM airs reruns of Creating Fashion with Laurel. From now until CEFN's next event in October, I'm back to working on Creating Fashion with Laurel, so new episodes are on the way.