Jan 10, 2021

Spot the effect

Episode 5 of Creating Fashion with Laurel is complete and has been delivered to PhillyCAM for broadcast in February and March. I expect we'll post it on YouTube later today.


The way I've been shooting these videos, I leave camera 1 on a tripod (for the main wideshot) and operate camera 2 (for the closeups) just outside the view of camera 1. Every so often, I'll lean too far forward, into camera 1's view, as in the shot above.


On this one, I realized I can remove myself from the shot using masks. It only works because camera 1 is locked in place. So footage from moments when I'm not there can be pasted over my intrusion.


This will be good to know when shooting future episodes. One less thing to be concerned about on the day. But I still have to be really quiet.