Jan 15, 2023

Sewing darts

The fifteenth episode of Creating Fashion with Laurel is now online. I posted this brief excerpt on Laurel's Instagram feed:


And this is the full episode on YouTube:


This episode was shot around Laurel's Pfaff 360, her heaviest, noisiest sewing machine. It's located in a corner of the studio that's tricky to shoot in.


My shadow lands on that back wall as I'm wandering around with the second camera. I can use effects to remove it from the wall, but I don't have a solution for when it lands on the host, who is in motion. We'll be working on episode sixteen tomorrow and I'm going in with shadows in mind.

Returning to the theory that online viewers prefer shorter videos, our plan going forward is to shoot quick lessons that will post individually and be strung together to comprise the full half hours for PhillyCAM.