Jun 15, 2024

The drawing board

I've been pondering my next submission to film festivals. I've started painting again, which leads me to wonder where I left off the last time I was animating.

A quick search though old posts uncovered these embedded videos of animated works-in-progress that I put on hold years ago. Watching them requires pressing the play button twice. I don't know why.

The Telekinetic Chef

Fatal Error

Fatal Error (storyboard)

The Park (rotoscoping experiment)

Just before the pandemic, I took a video editing course at PhillyCAM that sent my interests in another direction. Looking at these now, I realize I've leaned quite a bit in the past few years (particularly with AfterEffects) that could be applied to my animation.

Maybe I'll kick these projects around or create something new. I take it as a good sign that the telekinetic chef still makes me laugh. I'd also like to return to learning Blender (the 3D animation program) as well. That's another pursuit that fell by the wayside that I'd like to pick up again.