Feb 13, 2018

Animation


This is the most labor-intensive shot in Terror Train. There are two characters, both are speaking, and one is walking towards the camera. I worked on this segment all day Sunday and it only lasts seven seconds.

Each character was animated separately, meaning two passes. I did all the drawings for the conductor, then went back to the first frame and did all the drawings for the passenger.

Having someone walk towards the camera involves enlarging the character in proportion while keeping track of the movements of the legs and feet. I had to go back and re-draw at one point when her body started outgrowing her legs.

I'd been dreading this shot. Very glad it's done. Also glad I was wrong about the due date for submissions. It's actually Friday, not Thursday. I'm animating the ending now. When that's done, I'll put the whole thing together and add the background noises I recorded on SEPTA trains.