Aug 13, 2023

My first wedding video

A well-maintained blog becomes a useful reference tool. I recommend journaling if you want to keep track of everything you've done, when you did it, and all the details. This is one of those 'keeping track' posts.


I've just completed my first paid wedding video. Bits of it may end up in my next demo reel update, but I'm not going to post the whole half-hour. It's really only of interest to the family involved. It's like watching someone else's home movies.


As with previous projects, I'm learing by doing. I like how it turned out and I think the happy couple will as well, but I also know what I would do differently to make the next one better, which keeps me motivated. Pretty good for the first try.


It was a fun day and I had a great time. Thank you to friend and photographer Theresa Rivers for bringing me in on your photo gigs. We work well together.

I was telling Theresa afterwards that being a wedding guest is more fun when working on a creative project. Running around with a camera gives you something to do and you're more directly involved with the event.