Apr 10, 2022

Travels with camera

Laurel shopping at Gaffney Fabrics in Germantown

Last month, Creating Fashion with Laurel escaped the studio and went on a tour of Philadelphia fabric stores, gathering video for our next episode.

We visited three shops on Fabric Row (South 4th Street), plus Gaffney Fabrics in Germantown. I'm grateful to the fabric store owners who were all welcoming and gracious hosts.

Picking up the sewing machine at Modern Vac & Sew in Andorra

While we were on a roll, we took the camera along when my mother picked up her sewing machine from the repair shop. We got enough material there to fill another episode.

Smooth Edge Band at the CEFN Senior Gala Extravaganza

Then my friend Theresa Rivers, an amazing professional photographer, recommended me when the Community Enrichment Fitness Network (CEFN) needed a videographer for their annual gala fundraiser on April 1. She took the photos and I shot the video. It was an absolute blast, thanks Theresa!

Now that I've spent March running around with the camera, I'm spending April editing fabric store and fundraiser footage. I'm particularly looking forward to the discussions Laurel had in the shops and the dance scenes.